This activity incorporates the use of the Moodle platform as a way to provide the students with a greater number of reading content, with the goal of evoking theoretical deepening and discussions. In addition, the digital environment allows the students collective interaction in discussion forums and the individual interaction between students and professors.
- GENERAL GOALS: The Penal Process Fundaments Course I had as a main focus the situation to allow the students to complement the acquired knowledge of the Penal Procedural Law I ministered on the undergraduate regular course. It was sought to improve the ministered class with modern resources of distance learning, in this case the Moodle platform. Many important themes were deepened, making use of an interactive learning environment, which works a link between the students and the professors, and allowed a greater dialogue outside the classroom. Also, penal process themes were treated like the criminal procedural systems, guarantee, penal procedural law efficiency, etc.
- SPECIFIC GOALS: It was sought to deepen the historical evolution of the Penal Process, and with that enable students to know criminal procedural systems as well as allow students to deepen the comprehension in the guarantee theory. Additionally, they had to examine the systems of Compared Law preliminary investigation, emphasizing the deepening study about the Brazilian investigatory police procedure.
- DEVELOPED ABILITIES: GENERAL: The activity intended to make the student able to acquire deep knowledge about Penal Procedural Law relevant themes, mainly around the subject’s fundamentals, creating a solid base of necessary knowledge to make the student unveil several themes from this specialized area in a complete and qualified way and then making them exercise the criticism and reflection.
- TEACHING METHOD: education with digital environment resource.
- REQUIREMENTS: comparing to other students, the preparation consisted in keep up with available readings before and after classes inside the digital environment.
From a professor standpoint, the preparation consisted on the creation of the subject’s page in the Moodle system, also on the choice of digital environment available readings and didactic content elaboration for classes. Furthermore, it was a professor’s responsibility make himself available in case of doubts and also to monitor students’ participation at the digital platform.
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE DYNAMICS: Initially, the content was presented to the student in the classroom, and as an extra activity it was made available in the Moodle platform with material for theoretical and discussions deepening, creating inside the student a critical view about relevant themes that were not worked in the classroom.
The participation in theoretical classes was coordinated with the available modules being gradually inserted into the digital system. In addition to the theoretical classes, with the presented instruction for each module it was followed an indication of readings and a professor’s quoted text, made especially for each module.
On Moodle, interactions could happen at any time because the professor always stayed available at the platform, whether via collective activities, as an example, the discussions forums, or as individualized digital contact made from the student, where he could contact the professor directly in order to ask questions or clarify doubts which, depending the case, would be shared with the whole group.
- ATTENTION IN CLASS:
1) The didactic material, mostly the texts that are produced and made available by the professor, should be really interesting and stimulant. It is recommended that the professor’s text goes deep inside the classroom themes, adding new information and working on the contents that were already worked in-depth.
2) The professor role as a moderator, virtually present, is something that should be seen as something really important and attention demanding because the student’s good performance will depend on a virtual presence from the professor, accompanying and interacting frequently with the student.
- EVALUATION GRADE: in the end of each module, the student should answer to one activity, in which would serve as learning and assessment checking.
1) The content available in the platform as a "forum" is one of the most important tools because it allows the themes collective discussion, favoring the professor’s dialectics and moderation.
2) The course and all the didactic content is available at: http:// www.professorlovisaro.com/moodle. When the student clicks on the Penal Process Fundaments I link – 1st Edição Campus Rio Branco - it will open a new page where they will click on "Acessar como Visitante". Following these steps, a new page will pop up and at the bottom they will see a textbox to insert the password: 123456. After that, they must click on “Enviar” and the course with all the didactic content will be available.